Thursday 8 March 2018

ADVENTURES OF A MAKEUP ARTIST 2: MUSIC VIDEO: STONE BROKEN "HEARTBEAT AWAY"

Hello my loves! I hope your March is marching on nicely!

Today I'd like to take you behind the scenes on a music video I worked on recently for local rock band Stone Broken, released exclusively on March 2nd by Kerrang!



I had such a lovely time working with The Mockingbird Film Co on this project, who selected the perfect cast for a challenging subject, the main theme of the video being domestic abuse. At times I confess it was difficult to watch the action on set, as Becky, our victim, was such a sweetheart... and Jason played the part of the abuser so authentically he had us all flinching, despite being one of the nicest actors I have met!

Fresh bruise FX Makeup by Jessica "Jurassica" Biddle on actor Becky Fowler 


Also on set were the band, who just released their debut album "Ain't Always Easy" this week on Spinefarm records ❣️
And it's already ranking at #15 on the midweek national album chart!!!!🤘 I'm so happy for them, the story of how the band formed is a real meet cute! It's wonderful to see some local talent getting recognition, and it couldn't happen to a lovlier bunch!! I'm excited to see what the future holds for them! Check out the album here and catch them on tour this Spring/ Summer here❣️

And now to the video!!




Catch the feature in Kerrang here! And more behind the scenes on the Heartbeat Away music video can be found on the Mockingbird Film Youtube channel

I hope you enjoyed it! I'll be back with more on set antics soon! Be sure to follow me for updates on my FX Hacks series, fresh bruises are next!

Love, love, love!







No comments:

Post a Comment