Tuesday 20 March 2018

TU(N)ESDAY: SOUNDS LIKE A SLASHER MOVIE PLAYLIST: 8 SONGS TO CHILL & THRILL YOUR BLOOD



Guys...I'm deep down a horror rabbit hole this week, there's been some exciting announcements in the horror world of late, (more on that soon), and they've got me craving all.the.horror❣️

I've got a few horror themed playlists on the go right now. It's such a diverse genre, it can't satisfyingly be contained to one list😂 The first playlist, as you may have guessed, is dedicated to the beloved slasher movie genre, which rose to popularity in the '70s with classics such as Halloween, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Friday the 13th, Childsplay and Nightmare on Elm Street. The genre had a resurgence in the '90s following the success of Scream, Wes Craven's 100% meta homage to the genre that made him, and it seems we'll be lapping up sequels to the Grandaddies of slasher villains Freddy, Jason & Michael until the end of time😅 .

This playlist is a mix of songs featured in some of my favourite slasher movies as well as a few of their iconic themes. Hold on kids, it's gonna get creepy!



I'll be back soon with more horror and playlists, as well as my Fixing Broken Powders video, which is almost ready for upload! Follow me for updates and more Jurassic adventures! And as always let me know if you enjoyed this weeks playlist! What about that Trent Reznor version of Halloween.. yikes!

Love, love, love

🖤

TRACKLIST: SOUNDS LIKE A SLASHER MOVIE
1. John Carpernter’s Halloween by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross.
2. Hush - Kula Shaker. (I Know What You Did Last Summer)
3. Red Right Hand  - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds. (Scream)
4. Lucky Day in Hell - Eels. (Scream 2) 
5. I Wanna Be Sedated - The Ramones. (Idle Hands)
6. See You in Hell - Monster Magnet. (The Bride of Chucky) 
7. Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler. (Urban Legend - yes I still check the back seat before I start driving)!
8. Helen’s Theme - Phillip Glass. (Candyman)

No comments:

Post a Comment